We have in recent years produced a '76084 Calendar' to raise fund during the protracted restoration. We still need funds for two of the three technologies needed to go mainline. We have successfully raised funds for and procured TPWS. Over the past year so many amateur and semi-professional photographers have taken stunning images of our pride and joy. We would like to put some of them in our 2015 Calendar and produce something that BR Standard enthusiasts at the very least would want to put up at home to view through 2015.
So we are launching our first 76084 Photograph Competition. Put simply:
- The subject for the 76084 Photographic Competition 2014 is "76084 - her first year in preservation".
- Entries should be submitted electronically by via email to publicity@Standard4.com and must be 72 dpi and between 1MB and 5MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number in the email.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers
- The competition closes at midnight on Friday 15 August 2014
A panel of judges will select a shortlist of 12 (the "Finalists") which, in their opinion, best illustrate our award-winning locomotive.
They will consider a range of factors including composition, technical ability, originality and the commercial appeal of the photographs. The public will be invited to vote for the Finalist they like the best. That winner will receive a prize of 2 tickets for a 76084-hauled Diner Special.
The Finalists will appear in the 76084 Calendar 2015, to be sold in aid of the Company’s ‘Go Mainline’ Appeal and the Finalists may also be published in the 76084 NEWS.
The full terms and conditions for this competition can be downloaded from our website
Whilst the prize is not substantial we hope that enthusiasts will be proud to see their work in our 2015 Calendar.